rates (was: 5W-20 engine oil?)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:39:35 -0500

Michael Jez wrote:

>Basically Honda is going with the idea of no maintenance to their
>cars for 150K miles- which is putting US mechanics out of work.

Oh boo hoo.

>We mechanics do not like working for free

Who does?  I don't think U mechanics are special.

>So what it will take me 2 hours MAX to do a tranny on a RSX or TSX,
>I still get paid 9 hours to do it...

Oh the joy of corner cutting.....

>now if I do it in 18 hours I get only 9 hours cause thats how much the job
>is worth.

Yep.

>I can do a TL tranny in 45 min - and customers pay me 9 hours to do it.

Not my tranny.

>Under warranty I only get 6 hours.

Get out of town!  Two different book rates?  Now that *is* robbery.

>There is NO phisical work involved in him making the 400 bux

So you think that physical work is the only work of value?

>where me I got to bust my balls like a maniac to do a tranny on
>a TL in 45 min.

I'll bet you don't pay a quarter Mil a year in malpractice insurance.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com