Fog light help, PLEASE

Josh Foster jfoster@hoelscherengr.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:48:06 -0500

P. Eric Kovacs said:

<I have a 1991 Sentra SE-R. The fog lights are not working. The bulbs are
good, the fuse is good, as well as the switch. I checked them all. Even the
fog lights are grounded properly. I went out and bought a new resistor and
installed it and received a puzzling response.>

When I messed w/ my fog lights (92 SE-R), I realized the stock relay is
different than typical relays.  I broke the tab at the top of my relay, and
I was going to replace it w/ one I had in the garage.  When I changed them,
the fog lights acted very weird.  One would light up, and the other one
wouldn't; when I installed the stock relay they acted just fine.  If you are
good w/ electronics, you might want to rewire your relay - just follow the
wiring diagram on the new relay, and change the connections.  That shouldn't
take more than 30 minutes or so; I don't think you can use the stock relay
"hub" with other relays - they plug in, but you get the problems you are
getting.

Hope this helps,

Josh

Josh Foster