Momo steering wheel fitment.

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:00:19 -0500

Ben Fenner wrote:

>I understand momo makes a hub adapter for their wheels which is required for
>all installs. I was wondering who out there has put a momo wheel on a
>Classic and where they purchased their hub.

http://www.ltbmotorsports.com

Tell Louis that George Roffe from NISsport sent you (he knows of me through
the Improved Touring Forum).

>I've searched around and found a few places that sell the hub, but don't
>give you a choice of which car it's for. Others sell the hub and want you
>to pick a car from their list, only to find they list Sentra years:

You need hub #3511.  Works like a charm.  I've used it both on my classic
and my 91 (Dead Red) G20.

>Also, I have cruise control. I'm not worried about mounting the controls
>on/under the dash or something, but I was wondering if anyone's gotten a
>wheel (I'm looking at the Competition Black) to work with the cruise
>controls in the stock location.

I have mine set up to use the cruise control.  I had to modify the MOMO hub
slightly, install a stock horn ring (for crise), solder up some wires,
etc.  I used a cruise switch from a U12.  The S13 cruise switch will work
as well.  It's nice and compact and it was easy to make a bracket to
install it on my MOMO wheel.  I did have to drill and tap the MOMO wheel,
but since I have one with a cover in the center (MOMO Runner), it doesn't
matter.  It could be done cleanly w/o the center cover too.  I keep getting
asked about this.  At some point I'll take the wheel off my car and take
some things apart and show how it's done.  Meanwhile, I've posted a verbal
how-to here a number of times.