Ideas on stoppin some pingin? (long)

Brian Jones jonesbri@cox.net
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:12:36 -0500

> Err, the question was actually supposed to be taken as "does the lean
> mixture cause preignition, or is the preignition caused by
> the additional residual heat left over from the previous charge
burning
> hotter than usual?"

Im trying to figure this out...I don't know how bad (if any) of carbon
Deposits I have on either the vavles or injectors but even after some
Cleaner...still getting some ping.  I wouldn't think I would have any
Type of problem because most of my driving is done at highway speeds
(3200 rpmish) soo its burnin pretty hot.

Wondering if you could get the block too hot and therefore cause
preignition
>From a cooling system that is not all that it should be?  I never
overheat
According to the temp gauge.