Tranny/Axle Leak

Dan Decker danumkc@hotmail.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:20:25 -0500

I been having trouble fixing a transmission leak that seems to be coming
from near my tranny/axle seal. I have replaced the axle seal three three
times with a genuine nissan seal & it continues to leak. I have even tried
installing a new axle. I have been installing the seal so that it is flush
with my tranny with the lip facing out. I have another transmission (one
that has 5 gear popout) to look at.

I believe I have been installing everything correctly. I've got a nissan
NX2000 service manual, & I've done a clutch job & an engine/tranny swap in
the past.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you have any suggestions? Is it
possible for the axle tranny housing to get damaged? It feels fine when I
put the axle in & I can't seem to find any cracks. The leak is pretty quick.
I'd say about a shotglass full every other day.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Decker
93 Nissan NX2000