Installed Race Seats (finally)

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:02:14 -0500

After many delays, I finally got to install my COBRA Imola II race seat in
time for this weekends Hyperfest. First time I got the bracket (from Wedge
Engineering) a few weeks ago, it was for the wrong seat, then when I finally
went to pick the new one up, it didn't quite line up in the mounting points
in the car. Good thing I tried to install it in the parking lot! I
crossthreaded a couple of holes trying. Eventually I gave up and asked Danny
at Wedge Engineering for some help. We tried a  few things but ended up
bending the bracket a lil bit to make it fit. He also fixed my mess up by
chasing the crossthreaded holes. I just wanna give him some props as he
could easily have just brushed me off instead of helping me. For those of u
thinking of installing a race seat, it's a bit of an inconvenience for a
daily driver, as I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but the feel of
the car is amazing! I can't wait till tomorrow and put it to good use. BTW,
it is way higher than I would like it to be but I guess I'll have to manage.
I feel sorry for tall guys (I'm 5'4") as my head is real close to the
headliner and I'm sure closer with my helmet on. Well, hope to see u guys at
the track. Happy motoring!

Ray S
98 Sentra SE