Ideas on stoppin some pingin?

Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:41:38 -0500

> Cooler is better, denser is not as regards detonation tendency.

>Having said cooler is better...does EGR help to make the combustion
>Cooler while it is operating?

Yes.  Recirculated exhaust displaces volume that could be filled with air.
Less air means less fuel injected.  Less fuel injected means fewer BTUs
released, thus lower combustion temperature.

>Also my last emissions test the NOx was quite high ...
>My guessing is correct, fixing the EGR system should help this problem?

Yep.  Catalytic converter cleans up NOx, too, so if the EGR/BPT repair
doesn't get you below specs, buy a new cat.

BiH