Falken FK-451

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:23:25 -0500

> JP : Do you know if the noise level gets louder as they wear?
> I like the comment otherwise. It's an economic thing.

Mine has not really changed, but I only have 6000 miles.  I have not,
however, heard negative comments from other FK owners, some of whom are
also on this list.

> I'm told a 225X55X16 although the dia is the same as the Michelins  the
> section width may be too much.

Falken sizes run HUGE.  By the math (comparing Firestone on-rim size specs
to Falken on-rim size specs), my FKs should have only been about an inch
larger than my GTA O2s, and only a few mm wider.  You tell me what you
think of this shot; does that look like an inch and a few mm to you?

  http://makeashorterlink.com/?L17B23635

I have more pictures here:

  http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2CB25635

> Comments would be appreciated

Other notes.  I drove an '89 Supra (non-turbo) for a few weeks that had
half-worn Dunlop SP Sport 8000s.

 - FKs are not really louder or quieter, just a different harmonic.
 - FKs grip just as well, but do squeal more at the limit; more warning.
 - FKs blow the DOORS off of the 8ks for wet grip.

I've driven a few other cars with inexpensive three-season tires,
including Kumhos (even in the rain), and I can tell you that there is NO
tire in this price range with the wet grip and hydroplaning resistance of
the FK.  On FKs, the difference between driving through 2" of standing
water and perfectly dry pavement is the amount of throttle you have to
apply.  They rock.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |