Tranny oil change help

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:31:39 -0500

Bourdin, Vincent wrote:

Since I don't know who last put the plugs in and how well (or bad) they did
it, my plan is to try to get the plugs out by only using a "reasonable"
amount
of torque, and if they don't come out, just have my Nissan dealership do it
(it can't be that expensive) and put in the oil I already bought. What do
you
think?

Be very careful about this and be absolutely sure u trust these guys. I had
a similar incident where I had the dealership do a 30K mile tune up and
instead of changing the spark plugs I asked them to change out my tranny
fluid instead. I gave them MT90 to put in and when I drove off the lot, I
thought that the Redline hoopla was all crap cuz it didn't feel any better
shifting gears. Well 30K miles later as I go to change the tranny oil
myself, it comes out looking like the stock fluid! So be very wary unless
you've had good experience with these guys before. My .02

Ray S
98 Sentra SE