Odd Steering (was Re: nut size)

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:56:20 -0500

Fastenal GADEC wrote:

> have you done the control arm bushings and it is still doing it? i would
> think then control arm braces would help? is it mostly on rough roads or

I have control arm bushings.  N-tech lower bar.  Sway bar
bushings, motor mounts, half the steering rack bushings installed.

> uneven pavement? that is when my car seems to do it. on smooth roads and the
> highway seems to be fine, no looseness or brake torque steer at all. someone

It's just weird seems like the car just wants to wander.

> also suggested it could be my tires as well... Falken Azenis but i don't

I have new Kuhmo's on so its not them.

> bearings but i "check" those every time i pull a wheel off.

One has been replaced other is good.  Last thing to check is the
alignment.  If its not that it has to be the steering RACK.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 349K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R