Courtesy Nissan

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:13:31 -0500

At 09:48 PM 7/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I have always gotten timely and excellent service from Courtesy, no
>mistakes and gotten the parts faster than other places.  They once filled
>my 80 something line

I still order (and advocate ordering) from them.  But they did screw up a
couple orders a few years ago.  Eg:  my brother was coming through town and
wanted tune up help with his new NX, plus I had a bunch of other misc crap
to buy.  I told them "If you have ALL the tune up parts in stock, I'd like
them shipped 2nd day UPS to get here on Friday.  If NOT, just hold on to
all of it and ship ground.  I am in no hurry for the non-ignition
parts.  Should we put them on separate orders to avoid confusion?"  The
tune up parts did not make it in time.  But other parts started dribbling
in individually packaged;  some ground shipping, some express.  An NX
console cover showed up with NO invoice or paper work.  I got billed $20
shipping, but was never charged for the part.  Then I got a 2nd one next
week:(   Several line items were either doubled up, or didn't come at all,
and the billing for all of it was just as sporadic.  All in all a real
cluster fuck that cost me over $50 in unwanted express shipping.

As a computer guys who's worked in manufacturing and inventory environments
for 12 years, I cringe to think how badly their inventory is off at the
annual physical.

Now I always tell them "DO NOT BACK ORDER ANYTHING.  Just hold it all till
it can be shipped together."  and I haven't had troubles.   My most recent
order for a starter got 30% off retail (!!!)  and was cheaper than the
local dealer, even with overnight shipping.  Also had an amusing "Stranded
at in-laws, please expedite!" on the label.

But I'll probably try Mossy next time around.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car