Courtesy Nissan

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:31:23 -0500

It is sad to note that the days of Customer Service at Courtesy Nissan are
dead.  I have recently become one of the many *FORMER* customers.
Although I have heard many recent stories from unhappy customers, I gave
you guys the benefit of the doubt.  It has been a few years since I've
used Courtesy for a variety of reasons but I called over a week ago to
order a catalytic converter.  I needed a cat before the 4th of July
because I had planned on installing it on 7/5 so that I could get the car
inspected for emissions on 7/8.  When ordering the cat on 6/24, it was
explained to me that it would take Courtesy 2 days to receive the cat and
then another 5 days to my doorstep.  I was to receive a confirmation
e-mail before anything was sent out.  On Thursday 6/26, I put in a phone
call to Courtesy Nissan first thing in the morning to check.  I was told
that the cat had already gone out.  The gentleman guaranteed me that it
would arrive before 7/4.  I requested a tracking number but none could be
provided at the time.  I asked that one be e-mailed to me so I could see
what was happening as time was of the essence.  After that weekend, on
6/31, I e-mailed this address (sales@courtesyparts.com) and requested the
status of my cat.  I, again, asked whether it was arrive before 7/4 or
not.  There was no response.  7/4 has come and gone and there is no cat to
install on my car.

So, the original salesman I spoke with on 6/24 lied to me that I would
receive a cat before 7/4, the salesman I spoke with on 6/26 lied when he
assured me that the cat would arrive before 7/4, and no one responded to
my e-mail to boot!

In these times it is important to stay on top of things or you will lose
business.  Courtesy Nissan has lost my business and is continuing to slide
from everything I've heard.  It's sad too because I remember when Courtesy
was really there for us SE-R owners.  However, there are many, many more
resources out there.  I will be using these other resources including:

Mossy Nissan
http://www.mossyperformance.com/
Greg Vogel
1-866-55-MOSSY

http://www.nissanparts.cc/

Flemington Nissan
http://nissan.flemington.com/frameset1.asp?LINK=Parts&MAIN=parts_department
Perty Guthardt - SE-R owner
1-908-782-5597

DiFeo Nissan
http://www.difeo-nissan.com/
1-201-435-2003

Hopefully some of the other SE-R (and Nissan) owners out there will
save themselves the hassle and rethink calling Courtesy the next time they
need parts.  I know that I, for one, would rather deal with marked up
prices at the local dealer rather than calling Courtesy in the future.

As always, your mileage may vary...

kieran

cc: every list, forum, friend I can think of...