nx hatch noise at road bumps

Julian julian.hancock@amd.com
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:24:30 -0500

>I am getting a significant amount of noise when I hit medium/large road
>irregularities. After trying to track down the noise it appears to be
>coming from the hatch on my NX. There are small rubber bumpers  on the

My NX doesn't really have that problem but just yesterday I replaced
the rubber bumpers for the trunk of my SE-R (it was rattling) Initially
I had added a drop of silicone glue to the bottom of the old bumpers
which helped somewhat. Now since I decided to replace them I compared
the old rubber bumpers vs new and there was close to 2mm height difference,
enough to make the trunk not shut tight so you may want to get some
new ones if yours are worn down.

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R