Spring Setups [was: Info Request]

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:18:11 -0500

At 10:16 AM 7/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I too mentioned that the GC were $400 plus the price of struts.  I know
>the Hyperco Gen2's are $280 but that $120 difference may make or break
>someone getting something they can afford or nothing at all.  I bought the
>Gen2 Hyperco springs and I really like them.

Are the GCs really that cheap?  Don't  ya' need the camber plates and other
stuff for a complete installation?  I'd be curious to see a full itemized list.

I bought a set of Hypercos in the original deal.  The thing that swayed me
was all the problems with coil overs.  From all the messages here,
(regarding duct tape, silicone, and all kinds of hacks to make them fit
correctly) it sounds like they are a noisy clunky PITA regardless of the
tricks used.  Much like an after-market exhaust  ;)  I wanted a zero
maintenance, zero hassle, zero extra noise setup for a daily driver.

>I don't like seeing people trash a product that was made special for the
>Nissan community.

Yup, Agreed!  HyperCoils got their money - it wasn't a charity job - but
"blows goats" is sorta extreme (though I am a big Wayne's World fan)

   -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car