aftermarket inner tie rods too short for lowered cars?

Aaron K se-r@limitedslip.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:50:59 -0500

I was checking out the front end on my 91 sentra before an alignment, when I
realized that there is less than half an inch of the inner tie rod in the
outer one on both sides, after lowering the front an additional half an inch.
This is not very reassuring, esp. with a race coming up this weekend. :)

 About a year ago, I ended up putting aftermarket tie rods in (variety of
reasons), and I can't remember if they were significantly shorter than the
Nissan OEM ones. Does anyone here remember if aftermarket tie rods are in
anyway shorter than the Nissan ones (less range of adjustability)? I don't
ever recall anyone having this problem with lowered cars, but they probably
still had the stock tie rods.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate any replies,

Aaron
91 Sentra SE-R
90 BMW M3