Solid and Vented

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:06:16 -0500

Thanks, Jon and Brian. A friend of mine just AIMed me a picture of his rear
rotors. I didn't think it was possible to take a picture of a snicker(on his
part).

I have a couple of extra Frisbees... time for a diy rear rotor replacement.
Geez, those are thin, even if it's 80/20 differential.

I've agreed to purchase a forum members new/still in the box Brembo vented
front rotors for $65 shipped. I probably could have offered less, but I
don't like low balling people... it's not as if they're used.

But, I will contact Summit about the rears. I'm not going to buy solid rears
from a place that stated that having solid fronts was better... why give
people like that my business and money?

The NX upgrade will have to wait until next year. I blew this years budget
on new wheels/tires.

Jon, what is the benefit of CAD plating the rotors? Does it stay shiny
longer, wear better or what?

Thanks,

Mark