B13 SE-R vs 95-97 B14 SE-R vs 98 SE front swaybar Questions.

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:27:57 -0500

> Really starting the think that the 98 SE had a bigger bar
> then the 95-97 car and that my 98 bar may be the same as a pre 95 SE-R
bar.

I'd say you're right. My '94 FSM has a 28mm solid stabalizer bar listed as
standard equipment. The 200SX models (even the SE-R) were lacking in a few
catagories.
Why is everyone (not just us) going stiffer in the front? I understand you
gain steering response, but at the cost of final road holding G's at the
limit. Personally, I've just recieved the progress rear bar, and have the
softer '94 XE front bar coming in a day or two. Maybe it's been done before
and I'm just being stupid, but I'm aiming to get nuetral handling with the
softest bars possible. This would allow more weight on the inner tires in a
corner, and should allow for a higher skid pad rating. Of course it won't
feel like a slot car...

> Steve Foltz
> 98 Sentra SE

-Ben