B13 SE-R vs 95-97 B14 SE-R vs 98 SE front swaybar Questions.

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:55:17 -0500

I just bought what I thought was a B13 SE-R front swaybar. It came out of a
92 SE-R. It looks almost exactly the same as my 98 B14 SE bar. They both
measure 28mm thick. They both weigh 14.5 pounds. The B13 bar seems to be
about 1/8th on an inch shorter and also has a bit more clearance around the
exhaust area (a little flater where the SE bar is all round). The odd thing
is that the 95 and the 96 FSM for the SE-R both say that the car has a
25.4mm thick bar. I have owned my 98 SE since new so I know that the bar I
have for it is stock. I don't know what to do next. I have two bars that
appear to be identical. I don't understand why my 98 SE would have a bigger
bar then the 95-97 SE-R and I also don't know for that either bar is solid
or hollow. Has anyone ever wieghed a pre-95 SE-R bar. I want a stiffer front
bar then what I had but I dont want to spend the big bucks on a progress
bar. Any ideas? Really starting the think that the 98 SE had a bigger bar
then the 95-97 car and that my 98 bar may be the same as a pre 95 SE-R bar.

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE