Throttle Cable Adjustment

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:22:32 -0500

I was reading the archives and came across some posts about adjusting the
throttle cable for better throttle response and the words free and easy to
do stood out so I did it this past weekend. All I can say is WOW! If you
haven't lately, check your throttle cable as I'm sure it's loosened over
time. Mine had almost an INCH! of slack when I pressed down on the cable. As
it is, I'm at the end of the adjustment threads for the cable, so much was
the slack it had to compensate for. Anyways, like my PS fluid post, it's a
worthwhile procedure that should be part of every maintenance check.

Ray S