PSI ? About Plus Size Tire/Wheel

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:36:28 -0500

At 07:59 PM 6/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Does the psi requirement change when you plus size your wheel/tire... say
>to 195/50/15 on 15x7 Enkei's? Require less? Require more?

I'm very curious to see responses on this;  meant to ask the same myself a
year ago.

I bought wheels with B.S. S-03s a year+ ago.  Initially, I ran them around
34F/32R.  I was very disappointed with their responsiveness, and then I
found they were wearing VERY badly on the outside edges of the tread.  I
kicked them up to around 38/36 just trying to even out the tread wear, and
the improvement in performance and response was incredible!  I may even go
higher;  I haven't tweaked around with them like I should.

I suspect this varies a lot depending on the specific tire.  Buy a tread
depth gauge, and keep a close eye on them for even wear.  And if in doubt,
I'd suggest going on the high side pressure wise.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car