exhaust

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:26:05 -0500

www.bigexhaust.com has some good deals on mufflers. I got 2 Magnaflows for
my Maximas from them, I got a 20" resonator and a 3.5" dual tip flat black
2.5" inlet muffler for like 160 shipped. I had a local CARX do a 2.5"
mandrel bend exhaust using my mufflers for 180 bux. Not only does it sound
bad ass but the car really moves now- stock exhaust necks down to 1" in one
spot on a Maxima A33. I highly recomend custom exhausts over direct bolt on
catback due to cost and ability to chose what kind of muffler and loudness
ya want and can deal with. I've had my Greddy for 5 years now almost and its
rusted out completly- resonator is about to fall apart on the next WOT I
think. Maxima exhaust sounds really gay, and none of the catbacks sound nice
at all, they sound like a honda almost.... where my Magnaflow sounds more
like a BMW inline 6 or a Supra than a V6 Nissan. My Greddy sounds pretty bad
ass on the SE-R, but once the b-pipe falls apart its getting a 2.5" custom
with a Greddy tail section.
Mike Jez
01 Max- in the bodyshop for a paint job.
93 SE-R now a daily driver with no AC.