thermostat

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:14:25 -0500

At 02:04 PM 6/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Someone told me that if you thermostat is stuck open it affects your gas
>milage.  I think mine is stuck open because I don't get any heat in the
>winter, and as soon as I get on the hwy (in the winter) my temp. gage goes
>from the middle back down to cold.  If

Sounds to me like you've got it figured out!  Your mileage sounds ok, if
not good.  But it can effect it, because the computer controls the engine
differently during warm-up compared to full-temp.

Replace the thermostat with a genUine Nissan one (they're a little pricey,
probably $10 but worth it.)  Seal 'er up with blue sillycone, and burp the
air per the instructions in the owner's manual or FSM.

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  93 SE-R, 92 SE-R-Parts-Car