Brake Pad Shopping

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:00:46 -0500

> Like Hawk HPS
>> Mike, know how good the Nismo Spec R pads are ?

I run HPS on the street and the only 2 things I got to say about them that
are bad are.... brake dust, and noise. I used to get VERY bad green fade
after a few high speed stops... now the higher the temp or the speed the
better the pads- Hawks, bite. They wear out the rotors also, but pedal feels
awesome, and car stops on the dime. If U do any kind of fast driving on the
street, like street racing or anything illegal, these are a cheap way of not
buying the BLING BLING Brembo brakes. I drove a car with a set of Brembo
brakes on it, I think my OE brakes with Hawks stop just as good if not
better, and pedal feels better.
Mike Jez- to me high speed driving is anything over 200Km/h.
01 Max redline limited to 160.
93 SE-R--GS-R w/JC blower slayer.
96 Quest GXE- pretty fast...