Brake Pad Shopping

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:39:43 -0500

I'm really starting to dislike my SE/PP brakes.  Recently, my front pads
once again started growling, despite my best efforts to keep them from
glazing.  Last time Nissan replaced them (not quite a year ago), they
installed new OEM (not Key Value) pads and turned the rotors, citing
"Broken Pad Backing Plate" so that the work could be done under warranty.

At 33k miles, I'm 3k over my Nissan warranty, but still well within my
5-year warranty from the credit union that wrote my loan.  I'm looking at
replacing the pads with either Porterfield R4S or Axxis Ultimates pads,
depending on availability.  I know that my front pads are are physically
similar to the ones used on '93-01 Altimas, so that helps out with my
interchange a little bit.

I'm having some trouble finding a Porterfield fitment guide, though, and
beyond that, I don't want to pay 150% what I should have when I go to pull
the trigger; any tips?

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |