Help with Cobra MAF

Jonathon Thompson myprojectb13@comcast.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:18:35 -0500

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting to the list although I've
subscribed off and on for the last few years. I'm having a little
trouble I'm hoping someone can help me with.

So I have my turbo setup all together and almost running except now I
need a little help with the MAF sensor. I'm running Cobra MAF, MSD
50lbs @ 3 bar, and JWT ECU on a 91 SE-R.

I have the MAF wired as followed:
Cobra/SE-R
A-- 12V/Orange/Blue stripe
B-- ground/White
C-- ground/White
D-- 0-5V/Orange

The problem is that I get 0 output voltage. That is verified with my
Techtom as well as with a voltmeter. My first thought was bad MAF
sensor, so I tried a new one, but the same thing.

If I unconnect the Orange wire on the SE-R from the Cobra harness,
everything functions like it should. I get a reading of .015 volts with
just the ignition on probing the Cobra harness. Blowing on the sensor
makes the voltage increase. As soon as I reconnect the Orange wire on
the SE-R, I get a reading of .010 volts that holds steady. It's like
the Orange wire is grounding out the circuit.

Is there a fuse for the MAF system that I should check? I did unplug
the ECU harness and reconnect it just to make sure I had a solid
connection there.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jonathon