Tranny

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:18:18 -0500

Edison Bermudez said:

> At the dealer a guy found in a small reference book that there is a
> sr20de powered model that uses [the RS5F50V], wich has a final ratio of
> 4.471, but did not mentioned in what model.

I'm about 97% sure that this is the transmission used in all '00+ Sentras
with the QG18DE and SR20DE engine, though only SR20DE cars with the
Performance Package in '01 (like mine) have the "V" part, which denotes
viscous coupler and has the 4.471 final drive.  '00 SE/PP cars had 4.176
final drives with the VLSD, '01 QG18DE cars have this final drive as well,
though '00 QG cars have 3.789 final drives.  Again, only the SE/PP cars
had the "V" transmission.  The RS5F50A does not have a VLSD; it's a
standard open diff.

*IF* I don't have my part numbers messed up, I am also sure that this is
*not* the same transmission as '99 P11s.  '99 US P11s use the same
transmission that earlier B13/B14/P10 cars had, with different gearing.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |