Harness Mounting Points Q

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:54:26 -0500

Ray Sta.Juana wrote:
>>What do you guys with harnesses and aftermarket
seats use for the right side of the harness? It's easy on the left side as
I'll just use the same one as the stock belts but I'm not sure if I have to
drill a hole and make a  new mounting point or if I can use an existing bolt
or hole. <<

On the stock right side seat mount, there is an intermediate bracket that
has two bolts that stick out horizontally from the center tunnel.  I believe
that you can mount to one of these and be OK, but a better move would be to
have a triangular bracket made from thick steel.  This would bolt into the
car via the two tunnel bolts and then have a third bolt at the top to mount
the harness to.
I would consult a race shop on this one....

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs motor work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be
-75 Silverado - Rusty Beast