Which one is hotter?

Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:11:04 -0500

>The cylinder head is way hotter than the block where
>most of the water jacket is actualy superfluous.

When GM redesigned the current 5.7L, they changed water path from
block-to-head to head-to-block to improve cooling between valves.  This
allowed slight increase in compression ratio and change in valve geometry.

My air/oil-cooled Suzuki Bandit uses oil to cool the head and has a heat
exchanger for the oil instead of relying on sump cooling and airflow over
the head.  Dramatically reduces need for finning on head and allows better
packaging.

Bruce in Houston