koni inserts

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:12:23 -0500

Steve Foltz said:

> It?s really pretty simple.  If you take a 325# 7-inch spring and
> compress it  about 4.33 inch?s then all the coils of that spring will be
> touching each  other.

I know what coil bind is, but your logic isn't sound.  The problem that
causes coil bind is a spring that is too short for it's intended travel.
The solution to coil bind is to get a longer spring.  The relative
position of the spring on the damper should have no effect on whether or
not it binds, except that you can bottom a damper quicker by having the
spring lower on the body.

The specs on the Tien kit seem to be adequate to avoid coil bind (long-ish
springs with high-ish rates).  You can also custom order rates specific to
your application, but revalving the damper *may* be necessary.  All in
all, it's good stuff; maybe better maybe worse than True Choice.
Definitely harder to get serviced, though.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |