koni inserts

COOKIE JARANILLA Jaranc@lacera.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:08:12 -0500

Dealer price for the Basic non-adjustable is $780.00.  The Super Street
adjustable (16 settings) can be had for $1160.

Each application is specifically designed for each chassis.  This is not a one
design fits all product.  This is the beauty of this setup.  All the thinking
has been done for you.  Just slap and go.  Well you may want to do corner
weighing while you're at it.

>>If you want to only lower the car 1.5 inch's then the spring will be at the
top of the strut and
that may cause issues with coil binding.

???? Please clarify.  Go to the technical information page and see the
installation pdf for each application.

But for the record, my b14 is down 2 inches from standard and I have taken the
most vicious dips and railroad crossings at speed without bottoming out and
room to spare.  If you look at the springs on the site it would take some
serious compression to even begin binding those coils.  Standard spring rate
for fronts are at 336 (#6) and back is 280 (#5).

Tender springs are available separately for variable spring rate
requirements.

Cookie (?) wrote:

>I have a duty to tell you there is something better out there.
>In terms of quality, performance and price...it would be very hard to beat
>the
>Tein suspension for value.
>Built under ISO 2001 cert. standards, cad/cam designed from scratch...not
>an
>insert to begin with, larger shock body and true shortened struts with WRC
>racing history.
>Compare the quality and price.  I have one.  Hands down the best for the
>b14....for now.

But that does not mean that the $1400 teins are better then the Koni 8611
type suspension that Scott and others make.  The 8611 is a double adustable
Strut.  It alone cost 230 dollars.  Its really kinda hard to compare the
1400 dollar TEIN to the 8611 type suspension that True Choice makes that
cost about 2K or more.  Also, Many of use already have the GC Camber Caster
Plates and the springs.  For the money the current TEIN offerings are nice
but you can do better with the Koni offerings if you know what you are doing
when you put the setup together.  I also worry about coil bind issues with
the TEIN at certian heights It just seems from reading there stuff that you
have a very small window of adjustment for ride height.  If you want to only
lower the car 1.5 inch's then the spring will be at the top of the strut and
that may cause issues with coil binding.

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE