Koni inserts

Aaron K se-r@limitedslip.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:00:15 -0500

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 09:37 am, Jim Crate wrote:
> I remember looking at those shock dyno charts, and thinking that they
> indicated that compression damping was what changed the most, while rebound
> damping was changed very slightly.

> And from experience with them on my own car, I can tell you that
> compression damping *does* change significantly when you adjust them.  It
> doesn't feel that rebound damping increases much at all.  When cranked up
> to 4/8, though, they are so stiff it feels like a solid suspension.

I know its not very scientific, but I notice the same thing on my car with the
AGXs when I turn the shocks up: the car gets harder and harder to push down.
If it was rebound only, it would be pretty much the same effort to push it
down, but you should be able to observe it coming up slower.

Aaron
91 Sentra SE-R
90 BMW M3