(no subject)

Qualudia101@aol.com Qualudia101@aol.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:40:56 -0500

Subj:   Wheel Tire Combo
Date:   6/10/2003
To: <A HREF="mailto:lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com">lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com</A>, <A
HREF="mailto:autoxer7@hotmail.com">autoxer7@hotmail.com</A>
CC: <A HREF="mailto:se-r@lists.deskmedia.com">se-r@lists.deskmedia.com</A>

Guys: I did it.................

Ordered the Enkei RPF1s from Discount here in Las Vegas.
Had to pay the tax $82 which I could have avoided if I'd bought from CA,
as you did Steve,however I wanted the road hazard,and someone to go
back locally to if the fitment develops any problems.

Here is the breakdown..... RPF1 $176 with Enkei Lightweight
lug nuts or tuner if not available.( I may get Kyokugen or McGard down the
road).
I decided since there is no hub center cap available I will have them made
once I get the wheels. For a while the old ugly black shaft will stick out
I went with my old favorite tire, Dunlop SP 8000 195X50X15 ZR. ($94 ea)
I got stiffed a bit here,but I didn't have a quote from anyone else handy
to bargain with so I bought it.

Note:  few tires come in a Z rating in 15" size.
Neither Yoko ES-100 or Toyo TI-S have. I also checked with both
tire companies and there is a difference in manufacture for a Z rated tire,
which includes different compound, different belting,and likely tolerance.
Since I drive on the freeway and in summer temps can be 120F
I would rather have the highest rating avail, besides I've used these
for years on 3 different cars and outside of the low wear factor
really like them. I imagine the autocrossers will argue this.
Maybe next time around. If Toyo or Yoko were avail. in Z rating in 15" size
I would definitely passed on the Dunlops.

Also never had any balance problems.
 I am going with taped weights inside the rims which can make
balancing more time consuming if adjustment is needed when dynamically spun).

Also Dunlop's from the side are good looking, especially when polished up.
The others have so much stuff written on the sidewalls which spoils
the finish to me. There are no rim protectors,but then curb parking is
a rarity here at least for me. Guess these are my excuses
for going with an old design tire.
TSW Racing Valve stems
Excalibur Steel hubcentric rings.

So there it is............ delivery is supposed to be in a week or
finally I can sleep and file away the wheels upon wheels magazines
all over the place. Oh and my wife is so pleased,however she anticipates
 I will find a new something to stress over.

Thanks Mark and Steve for all the help in making this momentous decision
.................now if only I like them when I see them on the car???

Frank 93SE-R