My performance mods.....STOPPED!

Marvin Soonthorn marvinsoonthorn@cox.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:24:01 -0500

This was posted by me at www.b15sentra.net <http://www.b15sentra.net/> .
I just want to get this out to the mailing list as well as SR20DE
Forums, B15sentra.net Forums and The V Board. I don't mind airing out
the news, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I made wrong decisions. Here
goes:

This probably isn't a shocker for most of you that know me, but maybe to
educate other potential shoppers of internet parts, you all might want
to know my story.

First, I've had my SE for 3 years. It's been a long hard life for my car
and me, but we've got things done. I started to already think about how
far I was going to take this. At first, I was like, yeah, let's get
everything new that comes out, install it, get stereo stuff, get
everything!! Before my first South American cruise, I had decided to
pick up the Stromung Cat Back, Eibach Sportlines and my Place Racing
CAI. What a start, I thought! After I got back from that, I started
slowly, but added other little stuff non-performance related to the
car.....

Soon...the 6 month deployment came! Wow did that go by so slow. After I
got back, I had new ideas and new thoughts about the car. I soon bought
my rims and tires and moved on to pulleys, timing, throttle cable
mod...and ultimately, for now, my HS header. I started to pull 15.3's on
the track and I started to see how hard my money was actually putting it
down for me in my car. I felt great! I felt like all this money was
being put to great use.

Back in January this year, I got a little bug that hit me. The boost
bug. It had been always there, but for the stuff I saw myself getting
into, it had been the most logical choice I wanted to make. Everything,
and I do mean everything that I wanted to buy for the ride now was
starting to be really expensive! I wanted boost so bad that I had taken
out my own personal loan to get it, with money left over for the JIC GD
that I got into.

This brings me to the reason for this thread to begin with. My
performance mods have STOPPED. The reason? I'm sure a lot of you know by
now, but I've paid for and not received any of the kit I ordered from
Travis @ Forced Induction Racing. February 6th was the day that $5000
left my Pay Pal account into his. I'm seriously saddened and upset at
this entire situation. Let me tell you why. First off, Travis is a
really respected guy around here for his knowledge and his pioneering of
the B15 as for as FI is concerned. Me being a huge post whore here and
an avid fan of his, I trusted him with the fact that he could produce me
a kit that would make approx. 280WHP with the most reliability in mind.
There's so many people that could sit here and fight for him and treat
him like gold. Did anyone ever wonder about the people like me that are
still waiting for their kits that were promised so long ago?

I got an email from him maybe a little over a week ago saying that he
needed to move into his new shop and he needed to wait till next week to
find out what was going on with my stuff. What does that mean??
Seriously, I don't understand why he would even sell anything and know
that he could not deliver in an ample amount of time. My car's
performance mods and basically in every other way has suffered because
of this wait. I don't feel as though I need to paint my front lip
spoiler because why? I've already dropped a ton of money into something
that I can't even see or even feel right now. Why even buy that Pioneer
DVD player for the ride? Why even install my new B&M SS? Why even
freakin wash the car??

I'm done with performance and with my car till I see my kit. I'm sad,
tired and frusterated. I hope all of you could understand my story,
learn from it, and have a better time with their cars. Thanks for those
of you that understand and care.

The original threads are at:

http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=
<http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=397159#post397159>
&postid=397159#post397159

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=
<http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57971>
&threadid=57971

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=15706

Thanks for reading everyone and take great care.

Marvin
B15 SE with mods
www.dvstuning.com