2 Fast 2 Furrious

Nicholas Hadiaris Nicholas_Hadiaris@umit.maine.edu
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:38:59 -0500

"Mena Aqenenni" <mena.aq@verizon.net> writes:
>Nope. He's correct. The new G35 IS called the Skyline in Japan. The
>Skyline you're thinking of is the R34 which is not produced anymore. The
>new platform is the V35(?) which is the new Skyline/G35.

Unless it says Skyline, it will never be the real thing in my eyes.
Lee said the GTR is not the same as the base skyline.  Used to be the GTR
was the same as the base but with upgraded everything including engine.
It was still the same platform and body though.  If the new skyline in
Japan is the G35 that we have, is the new GTR just a G35 with upgraded
everything?  And if so, what does it have for upgrades?  If it hasn't
improved on the R34 then it really goes against everything the GTR stood
for.  But I haven't really heard anything about the GTR since the concept
R35 so I'd be curious to hear anything new.

On the whole name thing, why would Nissan send us a skyline, but not
label it as such?  There is very good name recognition with that car
even if it has never been sold here.  I'm sure the G35 would have sold
even better if it had been named skyline.

-Nick

SHIFT_subtlety