koni inserts

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:55:14 -0500

Aaron K wrote:

>Has anyone tried to retrofit a double adjustable koni insert (like an 8611)
>into a stock spring housing? How much do those units go for anyway?

The 8611 will not fit into a stock SE-R strut.

Scott Higashi (Shigspeed) is manufacturing struts for these inserts
currently and we (NISsport) will be doing so in the near future.  There is
another strut than can be used (Scott used to do this), but after looking
at the cost of buying 4 new struts, modifying them, and powdercoating them,
we determined that it just isn't cost effective.  Also, with a custom strut
it's possible to adjust camber slightly from stock and to allow for greater
lowering than with a mass produced strut.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com