koni inserts

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:24:28 -0500

David wrote:

> Wow. I have about 80k or so on my AGXes with stock springs and I don't
> even feel the need to turn them past "1" yet, and that is all on Detroit
> roads, too. For sure, YMMV! They seem to last forever with stock
> springs.

Whoa!  I thought I had squeaked by with 50K miles... but 80!?  Then again,
stock springs make a difference.  Ok, so we've figured out that AGX's with
stock springs last 80K miles, AGX's with ProKits last barely 50K miles,
AGX's with GC's last 2K miles, and AGX's on one of Jez's cars lasts
forever even if driving the Baja every year.

Seriously though, I think you've lasted this long David because of the
stock springs.  On the ProKits, they got crappy a while ago and are (I
think) starting to leak fluid!  They're blown... beyond blown!  They felt
nice and tight when I first got them and gave me the impression that they
were an awesome shock but, now that I know what I'm feeling and now that
I've taken the car on the track several times, I realize that the AGX's
are crap.

As Ray said... ymmv

kieran
sending e-mails from everywhere but work or home ;)