Turboing a SR20DE

Brent Meints mein3@fsuimail.ferris.edu
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:16:25 -0500

It is mostly to do with space.  With the radiator there and most people
wanting to keep their A/C, space is limited.  If you run one pipe to the
passenger side to the IC and the outlet from the IC to the throttle body
in the same spot a PR CAI goes, you save a lot of space, cause there is
an intake on that turbo compressor also.  I wanted shorter piping so I
have a pipe that runs right under the radiator mount to the IC.  It was
just what I wanted to do, and it isn't lower than my Downpipe at all.

My install is shown here:

http://24.247.60.166/pictures.htm
http://24.247.60.166/turbo_pics.htm

Brent
Why doesn't anybody that turbos their SR20DE just re weld the turbo
outlet the other direction and use a proper, common, side to side front
mount intercooler? I also see pipes running under the cars and stuff.
Are you guys just afraid to cut some sheet metal, or what?

-Jay