NX2000 MC on 200sx SE-R?

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:39:48 -0500

Short answer, No you cannot swap non abs Proportioning valves with the
things on the MC from an ABS Master cylinder.
Had a MC problem with my car a while back. Evidently, the previous owner had
replaced the master cylinder at some point in time with a used one. I work
at a parts store so i had availability to all the different variations of
master cylinders and i think i wound up going trough seven of them before i
found the right one. Between wrong threads for the proportioning valves and
holes that weren't threaded properly when they were rebuilt to all kinds of
stuff. I don't even remeber any more what i wound up with on the car, but i
know it wasn't a MC for a classic SE-R without ABS (what the car is).

So in conclusion, on a classic:
Non ABS proportioning valves will not thread into an ABS master cylinder.

Hope that helps someone.
Rick Warkentien