Super2nr TV Nissan v. Honda Challenge on Now

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:52:16 -0500

My car was easily the fastest at the event but brake
problems due to a late night misinstall of brake pads,
(wrong pads in the right box) led to my car having
almost no brakes for the duration of the event plus my
car broke an input shaft due to a combination of
errors in the second to last session taking it out.

The Honda guys feared my car!  Even though I had
almost no brakes, I was still third fastest and I was
just getting used to the car/track.  I could have gone
much faster with a little more time.

The Nissans were clearly way faster speedwise on the
straights than the Hondas but the Hondas clearly
handled better, about what we expected. 4 of our
fastest cars with our best drivers broke.  If it wasnt
for Rob Cadle driving Frank Orozco's car and Chris
Allen in the VVL NX we eould have been dead.  Our
backup cars that came into play after the turbo cars
broke were very outclassed by the fast Hondas.

Two of the fast Hondas broke as well and their back up
cars were faster than ours.

Mike