Speakers for the frugal...

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 13:44:45 -0500

Several months ago I noticed little pieces of stuff on the floor of my 94
SE-R's trunk that looked like parts of speaker cone.  That, and the fact that
my rear speakers would not put out any sound, led me to suspect that my stereo
might benefit from new speakers in the rear.  To get the old ones out, I took
out the rear seat plus the rear -- forget what you call it -- the part behind
the rear seat w/the speaker grills mounted in it.   I then went to Circuit
City and bought 2 6 1/2" speakers -- $60 for 2, not great speakers but much
better than stock plus I'll replace them again when I get the money for the
CD, amp, etc...

So this morning, I used up the remaining dynamat I had on the various braces
and other sheet metal that are exposed, then took one of the speakers, and it
would not fit.  The holes are not far enough apart (on the speaker).   By that
time it was 12:30, and being south central Alabama, it's quite hot, and my had
has no natural protection against sunburn (can we say 'bald' ?), so I decided
to come inside and play computer games, read my email, productive stuff like
that....

So what I'm leading up to, does anyone know of a good 6.5 inch speaker that
will use the stock mounting holes in the rear of a B13 (94 SE-R)??  Preferably
something currently sold so I can perhaps find it in the great megalopolis of
Montgomery AL.  = :^)
Thanks,

Jack Ray
94 SE-R