800watt stereo VS Westco Battery

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 16:39:48 -0500

Okay Ray,

I just have chime in with an observation,
you can take it for what it's worth.

You have a car with an 800W stereo system, including I'm sure
some huge sub woofers in a big chipboard box..

You're really having a quandry with the relatively small
12V31M, weighing in at 25 lbs, it's a racecar's best friend.

On a street car that you have a huge weight penalty
on already with the huge stereo system, your having
an issue with what battery to run, and upset about
not being able to use the tiny Westco.

For your application, you clearly require
a BAB (big ass battery).  Get a big optima,
don't get the dry cell motorcyle battery.  It's not
up to the task.

Westco 12V31M:

12 V
31 AMP HOUR
475 CCA
25lbs

Optima 800S/U:

12 V
56 AMP HOUR
800 CCA
39/40lbs

14 extra lbs and you can run all the huge stereo you want.