short shift problem

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 13:11:00 -0500

Has anyone ever had trouble removing the old shift lever?  I attempted my
3rd on Saturday and could not get the pivot bolts out of the lever of the
stock shifter.  Everything unbolted fine but I could not get the bolt out.
I tried everything I could think of short of dropping both rods out of the
car and using a BFH!  Every other time I have been in there it has been
easy.  The bolt would spin freely, but It just would not come out of the
lever/rod assembly.  Since I had already done the shifter bushing and
headers (what I actually started for) I put it back together and decided to
put the SMC SS in another day.  Has anyone had this problem, and how did you
get it out?

TIA
Ben H. Baird
'91 SE-R Officially a parts car