Resonate clatter at 3,800 RPM

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 15:54:01 -0500

> like clock work the clatter
> happends around 3,800 and then imediately stops again.

After changing my valve cover back from a G20 to a Sentra one, I took a good
look around the engine bay and found the nut was missing from my alternator
pivot bolt and the bolt was half way out... I'm going to get a nut tomorrow
but after shoving the thing back where it should be the noise has stopped...
There's a big sigh of relief. Now all I have to do is track down that damn
axel noise. I think it's my brake pads maybe.... But after fixing this
problem, the very load and annoying speed dependant axel noise is almost
gone. Still there a bit during braking though.

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R