Is my wheel bearing shot?

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 20:54:50 -0500

At 15-20 mph the front passenger side wheel makes a 'shoe on basketball
court' squeak and traveling at less than 1 mph it's to the point where it
sounds like creeking wooden floor boards. The sound is completely speed
dependant and lessens when I accelerate or corner right (taking wieght off
of that wheel).
At first I thought the rotor dust sheild was rubbing on the rotor, but I've
pretty much eliminated that possability, and the noise is getting worse by
the hour.

I guess 130k miles is the going rate on all the bearings in my car (dealing
with possible rod bearing problems as well).

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R