Ground Control spring height question.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Sun, 25 May 2003 07:24:24 -0500

Okay,

With GC's stock 300# spring, what's the height?  7"?

If I want to raise the front end and get a
little bit more travel do I want to order up
a longer set of front springs?

Maybe get 8" 350#, leave the rear at 200 for the time being.

My main problem is ride height.  I want the GC's
running at basically stock ride height.  I noticed with
the front caster/camber plates it seems like my
suspension travel should be greater, not lesser.

They raise the top strut mounting point somewhat, right?

I'm *somewhat* at a loss here.

It seems like what I want to do is increase the size of
the front spring but I'd like to hear (and get archived)
the answer to this question.

I'd also heard from someone else running GC's with
the caster/camber plates that they had to drop the rear
significantly to get the car to cornerweight 60/40, with
the front at max height.  Would it help keep me from
bottoming out to put in an 8" spring?  And is there any
negative effect?

Thanks all,

Happy Memorial Day.

--