Resonate clatter at 3,800 RPM

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 20:41:45 -0500

> Ben, what kind of oil filter are you using?

Factory Nissan SR20DE oil filter from the dealership.

A couple of people seem to think I've spun a rod bearing which seems to gel
with my recent and prolonged low oil level (wtf was I thinking?). Anyway, I
removed the plug wires one at a time and the noise is still there. I bet I
spun more than one, so I'm either taking it to the dealership and plopping
down $600+ for new rod bearings and other things you guys think I should
have them replace in the proccess like piston rings ect.?

Or, I'm going to learn what the inside of my engine looks like, and when I
do the future swap to GTi-R pistons and rods I'll know a bit more about what
I'm doing. First things first though, I'm gunna go grab a Hayne's manual and
FSM. Where should I go for the FSM, dealership?

-Ben
1994 Sentra SE-R