Spec-V info.

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 01:37:21 -0500

How come the 03 QRs still blow up ? I was at the Nissan dealer picking up
new rod bearings for my TODA crank and there was a QR25DE with a rod
sticking out of the #1block. According to Tommy- friend of mine the engine
had oil just that the rod didn't like its spot on the # crank journal and
decided to take a walk on the outside of the block. SRs never had this
problem, VQ had a few failures to the crank on the early models, but Ive
seen plenty of 500WHP VQ30DEs with just a turbo kit and STOCK ECU spin the
dynos, and still run 11s @ over 120MPH in the 1/4mile and still drive it
home with full sound system and AC intact. QR is is a one weak ass engine,
it will only go on for a few years like the CA did in US and Nissan will
probably scrap it and make it a good paper weight- like it shoulda been from
the begining.
Mike Jez.