Parts swapping project: 99 to 98 SE (kinda long)

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 00:01:00 -0500

If you guys recall, I acquired a 99 Sentra SE from a fellow list member and
I'm slowly planning out how to do this swap by getting all the parts
together and doing it all either in one sitting or at least doing related
stuff at the same time (like replacing the clutch, flywheel, and installing
Phantom Grip LSD in one shot) to avoid being redundant and removing the same
parts over and over again. Does anyone know of trustworthy shops near or in
the 909 (Inland Empire) area? I wouldn't mind driving a lil bit to go
someplace I can trust so within an hour isn't too far. Here's a quick
rundown of the things that I plan on doing (big breath of air):

rewire for 95-97 ECU (JWT w/ S3 POP program)
install CAI  (Place Racing)
install header (HS)
install exhaust (Custom 2.25 piping w/ Apexi N1 muffler)
F/R strut tower braces (Courtesy)
sway bars F/R (Stock B13 front/ ST bar rear- for now until I get progress
bars)
install ES suspension bushing
install ES Motor mounts
install UR Pulleys (4 Pulley Set)
install JWT S3 cams
relocate battery to trunk (Optima Red Top)
install clutch (JWT)
install flywheel (JWT or Fidanza? whichever does not throw MIL light)
install phantom grip LSD
corner weight and bend rear beam 1/16 toe in (Darrin at West End)
rewire entire stereo to compensate for battery move

That's about it  for now :) I'm still thinking of other things but I'm not
sure about them. These are :

install quick release steering wheel
install roll bar w/ 5 point harness
install momo seats
brake upgrade (NX2K or Fasbrakes 11")

Some things I can do (like the I/H/E) and some things I can't (clutch and
suspension bushings) and that's where the shop comes into play. I know it
may seem a lot but I just quit my job (like I said before, a guys gotta know
his priorities hehehe) and I'm only going to summer school and I "should"
have enough time. If anyone is willing to lend a hand then name your price
and we'll see what I can do. Remember that I can also offer stock parts off
of the 99 SE-L as compensation. If nobody wants to hear of my project then
please post it so that I don't waste the lists time and bandwidth.
Otherwise, I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks

Ray S
98 Sentra SE
99 Sentra SE-L auto (donor)