Turbo Magazine Project SE-R

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 20:37:56 -0500

My best friend had SE-R envy for the last 3 years and finally picked up a
decent example here in Chicago with 5th gear pop out for 1900 bux- 92 with a
JDM 9.5:1 engine in it. We ordered all the parts for his SE-R and the day he
came in and dropped the car off at my work his 1st was hard to get in and
out off... I pulled the tranny out of it on Friday durring lunch hour,
pushed the car out and dissassembled it to see wtf went wrong with it, the
1st gear sleeve and gear where all cheweed up. Quick call to my Nissan
dealer- know everyone there, they told me Nissan had updated parts for that
tranny- 92, and I need the shaft and 1st and 2nd gear and it would be around
450 bux with my discount- regular price was like 600 bux. That was JUST for
1st gear and Some of the 2nd gear. If U want to repleace every bearing, shim
and gear with shafts inside a SE-R tranny U are looking at close to 1500
bux. A friend of mine had some spare trans parts in FL, and send them to me
and I was all ready and driving the car out of my shop on Monday, saving my
friend 450 bux in new parts. As a side note LUK clutches suck ass in SE-Rs,
my friend bought the car with like 10K miles on the clutch and the springs
inside the disk fell out making the clutch impossible to depress as they
fell inside the pressure plate springs, wedgeing themselfs in the PPlate
springs. I put a 85 dollar Key Value clutch kit in his SE-R and hes all set,
it grips and feels better than his old LUK clutch.
Mike Jez