Emissions control equip removal... WAS: EGR Tube with a turbo

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:29:35 -0500

Put ur flamer suit on,
I do not tune like crap, I built 5 SE-R engines in this area, non of them
blew up YET, how many SE-Rs have ya built ? How many engines overall have ya
built ? My Maxima WAS using a stock ECU, and stock exhaust at the time with
just a Cattman Ypipe. Maximas run rich stock I can tell U that by looking at
the tips of my exhaust system, they are black. I do not wanna buy a highflow
cat, what for ? This is MY car, I get to do WHATEVER I feel like doing to
it, for all I care I can run with open headers- done that in a 3.5RL Acura.
My SE-R has no emissions on it what so ever, I don't even run a PCV valve on
it- got a oil catch can thats all. It hasn't blown up at 24PSI runing for
rev limiter in 5th gear few times, and its tunned by me... on the leaner
side at low RPMs and rich side for top end. I've removed the engine and am
installing a TODA crank in it now, and engine looks good as new after few
consecutive 24psi runs. My tranny is (knock on wood) ok and its stock, I run
a ACT clutch with clutchnet disk on JUN flywheel. My boost controller limits
boost in 3rd gear to 12psi and lets me rip it to 24psi in 4th and 5th. I
have my JDM 10:1 motor in the car now with full bolt ons and JWT ECU- helps
if U have 2 NA and Turbo. And I will bet my NA will smoke a stock (boost
also) BBird DET. I have dyno charts to prove that cats on Maximas are
costing people alot of power.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R NA for now, turbo engine out of car for diff crank.
01 Max AFC tunned to 219WHP from 3.0L NA- more than 3.5L Max.